Hey all! Thanks for checking out my new travel blog while I go to train at the Shaolin Temple in China! I'll be there for roughly 3 months or so, giver or take I take off a few days for exploring the rest of China, maybe Japan, etc.
A lot of people have lately been asking me why I've decided to do this. To simply answer, it's just something I've been wanting to do since I was 13. I know that the temple has been commercialized, modernized, etc. But for me, the temple represents more than just kung-fu, it's simply a way of life for me. Life is way too short for people to pass up opportunities on things that they want to do before they have to "settle down". So why not go and give this a shot while I still have time to do it?
(Plus, having a shaved head is really nice!)
I hope to learn some long-fist style forms and perhaps a weapon or two while I'm there. I really just want to take this time to work on my kicks, my form, and my strength as far as my kung-fu ability is concerned.
(Maybe also not look like a total goof while I practice!)
Thanks again guys for visiting my blog, look forward to some videos and pictures!
Zack


No comments:
Post a Comment